Cradle Song

Sleep, sleep, beauty bright,
Dreaming in the joys of night;
Sleep, sleep; in thy sleep
Little sorrows sit and weep.

Sweet babe, in thy face
Soft desires I can trace,
Secret joys and secret smiles,
Little pretty infant wiles.

As thy softest limbs I feel,
Smiles as of the morning steal
O'er thy cheek, and o'er thy breast
Where thy little heart doth rest.

O the cunning wiles that creep
In thy little heart asleep!
When thy little heart doth wake,
Then the dreadful night shall break.

William Blake

Pre-Op

Wednesday, 20 June 2012

We went for Betty's pre-op yesterday.  She'll have the operation to remove her dermoid cyst on Monday.  As luck would have it, she's managed to catch a slight cold now, so I'm getting even more freaked out than I normally would.  (As if that were possible.)

On top of that, for one reason or another, we haven't been able to finish The Don's application into his new school!!  We've had most of the results we need to send the new school back, but are still waiting on a couple.  We've already missed the admissions deadline, but the good news is that this school (and a number of ones in the area) has rolling admissions.  (That's just me trying to be optimistic: I really want him to get into our first choice!!)

Still, I'm totally freaking out.  I haven't even been able to start on the visa applications because, again, we're waiting for certain papers and procedures to be finalized.  Also, since Betty's cyst is right on the corner of her inner eye, the hospital people told me "don't worry, we're really careful when it's on the face".

I know that's supposed to make me feel better.  Instead, it's like a storm of neurotic and crazy just got stirred up in me.

Crap.

I've already said I don't write well in these conditions, so I'll just quietly bow out for a while...



11 comments:

DeeAnn Says:
20 June 2012 16:42

Having just had surgery on the inner corner of my eye, I can relate to your nerves.I certainly hope the surgery goes well. The hospital people are right. They are very careful when working on the face. Hang in there. :)

Jim Reeve Says:
20 June 2012 17:59

I've never heard of someone getting a cyst on their eye. It sounds scary, but I know that the doctor's of today are excellent, so I'm sure everything will work out just fine. Still, I wish you guys luck and I hope things go well.

Marsupial Mama Says:
20 June 2012 18:38

Thank you both so much for your kinds words and support!!

Lizbeth Says:
20 June 2012 21:29

You know where to find me---my middle daughter had a dermoid cyst removed from her outer eye, right where the bone ends in the eye socket, when she was about 18 months. It was in between her eyebrow and the eye itself. They went in through the eyelid and removed it, if that makes any sense. I can tell you they were very careful and know what fear you are talking about. She did wind up with black eyes in both eyes and now you can't even tell. E-mail me if you need a shoulder. I get it. Hugs and love...L

Marsupial Mama Says:
20 June 2012 23:21

Thank you so much, you've always been such a rock!! (I still remember when I was in NYC and you barely knew me, but were totally there for me, thank you.) And actually, from the way you describe it, it sounds like they had/have their cyst in the same place, I just described it wrong. Yeah, I remember when I first started freaking out about it when I'd just started my blog, you said the same thing... I'd been toying with getting in touch but you know how it is... I get sick just thinking about it. At least it'll be over son and this long horrible wait will be behind me. Thank you, it means so much.

**hugs** <3

Karen V. Says:
21 June 2012 06:30

Oh goodness! I'm sorry I'm so late! Even when we logically know in our brain that it is a safe procedure, we are going to be worried until it is over. That's just how we mamas are. I know you will be strong for little Betty and I willl say a prayer tonight ( its night as I write this) for a safe procedure. Love and hugs my friend. I will be thinking of you til I hear Betty is safely recovering.

Marsupial Mama Says:
21 June 2012 06:38

No, you're not late!! Thank you so much for the words of support (I'll try and internalize them!!) and thanks too for the prayers. I hope you have a good night! Love and hugs

Karen V. Says:
22 June 2012 23:47

Thinking of you. Hoping everything is well. xoxo

Marsupial Mama Says:
23 June 2012 00:47

Thank you, dear friend. xoxo

Þorgerður Says:
23 June 2012 10:58

hugs from far away

Marsupial Mama Says:
23 June 2012 11:34

Thanks so much Þorgerður!! **hugs**

Post a Comment

Comments are like frosted cupcakes: they fill me with Happy!

The Clod and the Pebble

"Love seeketh not itself to please,
Nor for itself hath any care,
But for another gives its ease,
And builds a heaven in hell's despair."

So sung a little Clod of Clay,
Trodden with the cattle's feet,
But a Pebble of the brook
Warbled out these metres meet:

"Love seeketh only Self to please,
To bind another to its delight,
Joys in another's loss of ease,
And builds a hell in heaven's despite."

William Blake
 
Real Time Analytics