We went for Betty's pre-op yesterday. She'll have the operation to remove her dermoid cyst on Monday. As luck would have it, she's managed to catch a slight cold now, so I'm getting even more freaked out than I normally would. (As if that were possible.)
On top of that, for one reason or another, we haven't been able to finish The Don's application into his new school!! We've had most of the results we need to send the new school back, but are still waiting on a couple. We've already missed the admissions deadline, but the good news is that this school (and a number of ones in the area) has rolling admissions. (That's just me trying to be optimistic: I really want him to get into our first choice!!)
Still, I'm totally freaking out. I haven't even been able to start on the visa applications because, again, we're waiting for certain papers and procedures to be finalized. Also, since Betty's cyst is right on the corner of her inner eye, the hospital people told me "don't worry, we're really careful when it's on the face".
I know that's supposed to make me feel better. Instead, it's like a storm of neurotic and crazy just got stirred up in me.
I've already said I don't write well in these conditions, so I'll just quietly bow out for a while...