Cradle Song

Sleep, sleep, beauty bright,
Dreaming in the joys of night;
Sleep, sleep; in thy sleep
Little sorrows sit and weep.

Sweet babe, in thy face
Soft desires I can trace,
Secret joys and secret smiles,
Little pretty infant wiles.

As thy softest limbs I feel,
Smiles as of the morning steal
O'er thy cheek, and o'er thy breast
Where thy little heart doth rest.

O the cunning wiles that creep
In thy little heart asleep!
When thy little heart doth wake,
Then the dreadful night shall break.

William Blake

#HAWMC Day 4: Why do it?

Wednesday, 4 April 2012
 I write about my health because… Reflect on why you write about your health for 15-20 minutes without stopping.

Okay, well..   I don't know about writing for 15-20 minutes without stopping, but...

...I can tell you I first started writing about our family's experiences as a release.  Things had been building up for so long, I was seriously losing my mind.  I went online and started reading other blogs.  The community appealed to me.  I wanted to join in.

This blog gave me a chance to connect with other like-minded parents and Autistic people.  To read about other people's experiences, learn from people in different stages of their journey.  It's been really enriching, not just to my life, but to my family's life as well.

I've made friends and received advice, support, solidarity.  It's overwhelming when I think about it.  When I think about how much stronger I've become since I started writing this blog.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't know what I would do without the back up all my bloggy friends have offered.




After writing for a little while, I started hoping that maybe my words would eventually reach someone, somewhere, just starting their journey with all the upheaval and bewilderment that entails; staring down at the daunting and impossibly long road ahead, and maybe even finding comfort in my words as I have found comfort in the words of others.

I also try to raise awareness/acceptance any way I can, but I can often get it wrong.  Advocates have taught me so much on so many different aspects.  I write about our experiences now because it's how some friends and family keep up with our story, because it's a way for me to release whatever emotions I am feeling, and to connect with the wider Autism and Special Needs community.

I am right at the beginning of "my" journey - combine that with the effectiveness of my meds, the sheer amount of positive feedback and information I have got from our wonderful community and you'll have to excuse me for viewing the world (and future) with rose tinted glasses:






5 comments:

DeeAnn Says:
4 April 2012 at 23:28

I am LOVIN' the photos.

I have to agree with you. I love reading other people's blogs. Well...blogs of other mom's experiencing the same sort of things. Not necessarily Martha Stewart type blogs, if you know what I mean? :)

Jim Reeve Says:
5 April 2012 at 00:30

That's why I started blogging too. It makes you feel good that there are other people going through the same things. And it helps you realise that you're not alone.

Lizbeth Says:
5 April 2012 at 01:37

Gawd, that picture cracks me up. Just so you know, I have really pointy teeth under there and I am that big and wolfish when I get mad. Muwwah!

Marsupial Mama Says:
5 April 2012 at 06:29

@DeeAnn, yeah, I avoid the Martha Stewart type blogs as well!! The cool thing about blogging is it's this huge network, you're usually spoilt for choice of things to read!!

@Jim, exactly. It gives you hope when you most need it.

@Lizbeth Muwwah!! You're awesome!! >__<

Looking for Blue Sky Says:
5 April 2012 at 23:44

Fantastic that blogging has made your world rose-tinted :) Love it!

Post a Comment

Comments are like frosted cupcakes: they fill me with Happy!

The Clod and the Pebble

"Love seeketh not itself to please,
Nor for itself hath any care,
But for another gives its ease,
And builds a heaven in hell's despair."

So sung a little Clod of Clay,
Trodden with the cattle's feet,
But a Pebble of the brook
Warbled out these metres meet:

"Love seeketh only Self to please,
To bind another to its delight,
Joys in another's loss of ease,
And builds a hell in heaven's despite."

William Blake
 
Real Time Analytics