Cradle Song

Sleep, sleep, beauty bright,
Dreaming in the joys of night;
Sleep, sleep; in thy sleep
Little sorrows sit and weep.

Sweet babe, in thy face
Soft desires I can trace,
Secret joys and secret smiles,
Little pretty infant wiles.

As thy softest limbs I feel,
Smiles as of the morning steal
O'er thy cheek, and o'er thy breast
Where thy little heart doth rest.

O the cunning wiles that creep
In thy little heart asleep!
When thy little heart doth wake,
Then the dreadful night shall break.

William Blake

WEGO Health & Autism Awareness

Sunday, 18 March 2012
Below is an entry I was sent from WEGO Health as part of an email package with stuff to tweet, facebook and blog:

"Hey everyone - I just wanted to tell you about a new activity I'll be doing this April. The Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge hosted by WEGO Health. I will be writing a post a day for all 30 days. I hope you'll join me in writing every day about health. It's going to be a lot of fun and I'd love to see what you have to say about each of the topics, too. All you have to do to join is sign up here: http://info.wegohealth.com/HAWMC2012 and you'll be able to start posting once April rolls around. Looking forward to writing with you!"




They emailed me a while ago, inviting me to take part in "a post a day" challenge for the month of April.  Being that April coincidentally happens to be "Autism Awareness" month, I accepted. 

 I have already received the prompts for the month of April, you don't have to stick to them, but I guess it's a way to get you started.  I'm a little apprehensive to say the least.  I hate committing to long-term projects because I can never be sure I'd be able to see them out.  Especially since becoming a special needs parent.

Curve balls get thrown your way.

I've always been very impulse-driven though, and I don't like to do things half-way.  I didn't really do all that much for Autism Awareness last year for the month of April because I had so much other stuff going on. 

The WEGO Challenge seemed like a nice idea when I read about it, I figured my course would be just about finished by then, and thought I should join in as much as possible this year. 

So that will be my April "light it up blue" project.




3 comments:

Kelly Says:
19 March 2012 14:33

AWESOME! I look forward to reading your posts. I know you'll have some amazing insights to share. Kudos for taking this on.

Karen V. Says:
19 March 2012 17:22

Good for you! I'm excited to read your posts as well! I so know what you mean about impulse driven! You know, though, you could still do those posts while your hair was blue... and send me a photo... Just thinking out loud. ;)

Marsupial Mama Says:
19 March 2012 17:33

Heh heh, thanks for the positive thoughts!

And yes, Karen, I have definitely been mulling that over. At first I was going to write you a comment about "OMG YES!! That is a great idea and really, any excure to dye my hair!!" But then I remembered I usually only get to the Salon once or twice a year and even then it takes more planning than my attention span can handle!!

I will definitely try though, it's absolutely my favorite "light it up blue" idea I've come across and am itching to join in!!

Post a Comment

Comments are like frosted cupcakes: they fill me with Happy!

The Clod and the Pebble

"Love seeketh not itself to please,
Nor for itself hath any care,
But for another gives its ease,
And builds a heaven in hell's despair."

So sung a little Clod of Clay,
Trodden with the cattle's feet,
But a Pebble of the brook
Warbled out these metres meet:

"Love seeketh only Self to please,
To bind another to its delight,
Joys in another's loss of ease,
And builds a hell in heaven's despite."

William Blake
 
Real Time Analytics