Cradle Song

Sleep, sleep, beauty bright,
Dreaming in the joys of night;
Sleep, sleep; in thy sleep
Little sorrows sit and weep.

Sweet babe, in thy face
Soft desires I can trace,
Secret joys and secret smiles,
Little pretty infant wiles.

As thy softest limbs I feel,
Smiles as of the morning steal
O'er thy cheek, and o'er thy breast
Where thy little heart doth rest.

O the cunning wiles that creep
In thy little heart asleep!
When thy little heart doth wake,
Then the dreadful night shall break.

William Blake

Happy Holidays!!

Saturday, 24 December 2011
We're away now visiting inlaws.  I won't be able to read anyone's blog or wish anyone a happy festive season!!

I feel bad not being able to visit the blogs I always do, but on the off chance you see this please know that I'm thinking of you all and wishing you the best for the coming year!!

I'll be back lurking and commenting as usual before too long!!

xoxo

6 comments:

Lizbeth Says:
24 December 2011 14:20

Muwwwah!!! Happy Holidays and I hope it goes well, read:no meltdowns!!!

Stimey Says:
25 December 2011 03:43

Happy holidays to you!

Gia Says:
29 December 2011 12:49

Happy Holidays! What a cute pic on the top of your site..

Karen V. Says:
3 January 2012 04:05

Happy New Year!! :)

jazzygal Says:
3 January 2012 20:43

Happy New Year to you and your family.
I've finally fixed my google problem and am following back people like your good self who have been kind enough to follow me!

I love the photo and poem heading your blog :-)

xx Jazzy

MarsupialMama Says:
5 January 2012 11:25

Happy New Year!!!

Thank you all so much for your visits and well wishes!!

Hope 2012 is filled with love, health and happiness!!

xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments are like frosted cupcakes: they fill me with Happy!

The Clod and the Pebble

"Love seeketh not itself to please,
Nor for itself hath any care,
But for another gives its ease,
And builds a heaven in hell's despair."

So sung a little Clod of Clay,
Trodden with the cattle's feet,
But a Pebble of the brook
Warbled out these metres meet:

"Love seeketh only Self to please,
To bind another to its delight,
Joys in another's loss of ease,
And builds a hell in heaven's despite."

William Blake
 
Real Time Analytics