Cradle Song

Sleep, sleep, beauty bright,
Dreaming in the joys of night;
Sleep, sleep; in thy sleep
Little sorrows sit and weep.

Sweet babe, in thy face
Soft desires I can trace,
Secret joys and secret smiles,
Little pretty infant wiles.

As thy softest limbs I feel,
Smiles as of the morning steal
O'er thy cheek, and o'er thy breast
Where thy little heart doth rest.

O the cunning wiles that creep
In thy little heart asleep!
When thy little heart doth wake,
Then the dreadful night shall break.

William Blake

Formal Complaint

Wednesday, 30 November 2011
Sorry to overload you guys with official correspondence, but I am doing it to keep the Reform UK ASD Government Policy Facebook group updated on these events.

I also do it in the hopes that maybe a person with less support, more responsibilities and demands on their time might find this useful and at least be able to cut, paste and personalize bits of this (and other) correspondence.

I promise to have cute anecdotes back up as soon as possible!!  (And boy have they been piling up!!  ^ _ ^  )

Dear Mr [MP],

I am terribly sorry to trouble you with a further email, but I wish to make a formal complaint against EAS and [our] Council's handling of my concerns.  I called your office to find out how best to handle this and they suggested I send you my formal complaint for you to forward onto the relevant department, so I am copying my complaint below:

"My family has been verbally lied to since late 2010 regarding provisions and approaches to autism intervention by people from the EAS team, and more specifically Mrs [She-Devil].

She in particular and the EAS team involved with my son also included various inaccuracies (if not outright untruths) in my son's draft Statement for Special Educational Needs and other official documents.

I have had a voluminous correspondence with the MP for [our area], Mr [MP], with the most recent letters dated 2nd, 4th and 29th November 2011.  Ms [Council Lady] responded to him regarding my concerns and her response was filled with numerous inaccuracies.  I have proof backing a number of them.  This means that someone in turn must have lied to her when they gave her the information regarding my son's case.  

In her response (dated 24th November) regarding my concerns to Mr [MP], Ms [Council Lady] seems to suggest that there is no proof to back my assertion that other parents have shared the same concerns (about EAS and [She-Devil]).  I have been in touch with some parents and know that a number of them have raised concerns about precisely this subject matter.

The service we have received has been full of arbitrary decisions that directly hurt a vulnerable autistic boy in urgent need of help to give him the best chance to live a happy and productive life.  This denial of support has been the result of professional shallowness if not incompetence, protected by utter obduracy and lack of consideration.  I regret having to use this language but this is what we have been facing and my son remains unassisted and growing up in this condition. 

I request an investigation into [our] Council's general handling of autism services and complaints, EAS practices and in particular their handling of my son’s case.  I posit that the investigation will reveal an entrenched culture of mendacity and bureaucratic intransparency of the first order."

Thank you very much for all your help and advice to date.  I remain,

Yours sincerely,

[Marsupial Mama]

2 comments:

Flannery Says:
2 December 2011 at 20:23

Dude, nice letter. I totally had to google "mendacity."

I'm exhausted just reading about your struggle. I better shut my yap next time I want to complain about the (lack of) services here.

MarsupialMama Says:
3 December 2011 at 15:02

I always use an online thesaurus cause otherwise the same word would pop up a million times over!!

And don't you dare think about "shutting your yap", I learn so much from you and all the other parents' and people's perspectives and experiences. Reading your posts is part of what sparked me asking questions about what my son would be receiving. Hopefully we'll get a positive outcome soon!

Post a Comment

Comments are like frosted cupcakes: they fill me with Happy!

The Clod and the Pebble

"Love seeketh not itself to please,
Nor for itself hath any care,
But for another gives its ease,
And builds a heaven in hell's despair."

So sung a little Clod of Clay,
Trodden with the cattle's feet,
But a Pebble of the brook
Warbled out these metres meet:

"Love seeketh only Self to please,
To bind another to its delight,
Joys in another's loss of ease,
And builds a hell in heaven's despite."

William Blake
 
Real Time Analytics