Cradle Song

Sleep, sleep, beauty bright,
Dreaming in the joys of night;
Sleep, sleep; in thy sleep
Little sorrows sit and weep.

Sweet babe, in thy face
Soft desires I can trace,
Secret joys and secret smiles,
Little pretty infant wiles.

As thy softest limbs I feel,
Smiles as of the morning steal
O'er thy cheek, and o'er thy breast
Where thy little heart doth rest.

O the cunning wiles that creep
In thy little heart asleep!
When thy little heart doth wake,
Then the dreadful night shall break.

William Blake

Anger

Friday, 22 July 2011
Betty is angry because Taz keeps covering her head with stuff (blankets, towels, tshirts, napkins, dishcloths, whatever he can find!)  She's also angry because she dropped her cookie on the floor and the dog ate it.  The fact she's not exactly nimble on her feet (read: keeps taking tumbles) is further fueling her frustrations.

Taz is angry because I'm ruining his awesome peek-a-boo game (preventing his little sister from getting smothered to death.)  I'm also not letting him throw toys out the window or use pens on the tablecloth which, let's face it, is plain mean.

I'm getting a little ticked off from the constant crying and complaining, and because I can't turn my back for one second without Betty getting drenched/smothered/carried off (!!), the dog getting covered in play doh or Taz channeling his inner rock climber to reach all kinds of forbidden goodies, nearly tipping the chair (stool/toy box/ random object) he was standing on and breaking his neck in the process.  The fact both the kids' favorite game is to empty drawers and shelves and stuff things (phone, keys, etc) in random drawers/corners is not helping.  Did I mention Taz' new thing is to hide toys in the oven?

10 comments:

Flannery Says:
22 July 2011 at 16:45

Ahhhh, summertime...the time for parents to lose their minds while the children drive them insane. Good times, good times!

Lizbeth Says:
22 July 2011 at 18:05

This is the same scene repeating itself over at my house. I have drawers in the kitchen that I've just given up on and I just know the kids are going to be pulling the curtains off the walls trying to smother each other. Good times!!

Hang in there!!!

Andrea Says:
22 July 2011 at 22:06

Times like those you just wish you could pee with the door closed, no?

Accidental Expert Says:
23 July 2011 at 03:08

I'm right there with you. School starts in a little over three weeks and I am counting down the days and hours and minutes.

MarsupialMama Says:
23 July 2011 at 06:52

**lol** ah, the joys of parenthood!

K- floortime lite mama Says:
24 July 2011 at 23:44

Loved your post and really enjoying your blog

Both Sides of the Coin- Christy Says:
25 July 2011 at 18:05

Know exactly what you mean...

MarsupialMama Says:
21 November 2011 at 04:35

Thanks guys... Albeit belated, not sure what happened there!! :)

sarah Says:
19 February 2012 at 03:20

I still remember those days when I would hide some cookies, toys and what have you inside a washing machine's spin dryer... until my youngest son who also has autism discover what its for and decided to stay there and make it his hideout. I am sure glad those years were over. Now he just drums away, at the dinner table, on drawers and on our walls, wether someone is sleeping or not.

I love your blog. Hang in there and do not forget to breathe in between and give a sigh of relief once they' re peacefully sleeping.

Marsupial Mama Says:
25 February 2012 at 07:36

Thank you!! And yes, will do... Especially the sigh of relief once they're peacefully sleeping!! I'm going to *really* miss nap times once my daughter grows out of them! (Soon **waaaah**) :)

Post a Comment

Comments are like frosted cupcakes: they fill me with Happy!

The Clod and the Pebble

"Love seeketh not itself to please,
Nor for itself hath any care,
But for another gives its ease,
And builds a heaven in hell's despair."

So sung a little Clod of Clay,
Trodden with the cattle's feet,
But a Pebble of the brook
Warbled out these metres meet:

"Love seeketh only Self to please,
To bind another to its delight,
Joys in another's loss of ease,
And builds a hell in heaven's despite."

William Blake
 
Real Time Analytics