Cradle Song

Sleep, sleep, beauty bright,
Dreaming in the joys of night;
Sleep, sleep; in thy sleep
Little sorrows sit and weep.

Sweet babe, in thy face
Soft desires I can trace,
Secret joys and secret smiles,
Little pretty infant wiles.

As thy softest limbs I feel,
Smiles as of the morning steal
O'er thy cheek, and o'er thy breast
Where thy little heart doth rest.

O the cunning wiles that creep
In thy little heart asleep!
When thy little heart doth wake,
Then the dreadful night shall break.

William Blake

My Initiation!!

Wednesday, 6 April 2011
 I finally exist in the blog world!!  I have been tagged for my first award!!  **dances a little (non-losery of course!) celebration dance**

Lizbeth from Four Sea Stars and Flannery from Living on the Spectrum: The Connor Chronicles have both tagged me for the Stylish Blogger Award!!  They each had their own take on it, so I'll do each one here.

The rules are:
* You have to thank and link back to whoever sent you the award: Thanks Lizbeth and Flannery!!
* Share seven things about yourself or your child
* Share this award with 10 other people and let them know.

So here goes!

Taz

* Is not a good sharer (as evidenced below).

Taz' inability to share and Betty showing off she has the attention span of a fruit fly.

* Hates wearing plain shirts now and will only wear shirts with Thomas the Tank Engine, Spiderman, or some other cool picture on the front.
* Loves his sister a bit too much, and often makes her cry because he's a little too rough with the lovin'.
* Likes to wear other people's shoes which makes it really awkward when you're in a rush to leave the house but can't because you can't find where he left your stinking shoes.
* Likes hiding things behind furniture, usually his toys, but sometimes bus passes and keys.  See above.
* Thinks anything on my plate is fair game (like ice cream or pasta, of course not veggies and healthy stuff) and usually wolfs his portion down before I've even had time to settle in and pick up my fork and winds up taking at least half of mine too.
* Likes to copy/echo us when we shout instructions to the dogs, only he'll take it a step further and really berate them.  He'll also tell them "no shouting!" if they so much as wimper.  Yeah, no idea where he got that from.  Maybe nursery?

Me

* I gorge myself on late night pizzas and still wonder why I can't seem to shift the "baby weight"
* I used to be fit and healthy but can't seem to get back in the swing of things.
* Any game I play with my husband, I'm guaranteed to cheat in (but I play by the rules with everyone else)
* Long term I want to work with autistic kids.  I'm saving up towards a distance learning diploma/MEd.
* I have tattoos.  And piercings.  Although I don't wear many piercings these days.
* I used to sing in the choir as a teenager.
* I love to play poker.

OK, so now I need to spread the love and hopefully not upset people too much by passing this on.  If you've already done this before and/or don't want to do/repeat this then feel free to ignore!  I think it's just us newbies that get all excited by the glitz and the glamour!

Big Daddy from Big Daddy Autism
Lynn from Autism Army Mom
Jillsmo from Yeah. Good Times.
Stimey from Stimeyland
Tulpen from Bad Words
Lucia from Alex's Journey Out of Autism

Ok, so maybe that wasn't 10...  But since breaking the rules isn't punishable by death, I think I'll be ok.

9 comments:

Lynn Says:
6 April 2011 14:18

Oh I love that video. I think the dog was after the ice cream as well. I'm totally with Taz...never share your ice cream. Your baby is way too little for you to be worrying about losing the baby weight. I'm still using that excuse and she's almost 7. Tattoos and piercings? Big Daddy may be in love. Thanks for passing this along to me! I'm feeling very stylish in my frayed pajama bottoms right now.

Lizbeth Says:
6 April 2011 17:10

Love the video and how thedog is trying to sneak some in as well!
I used to be fit too, I gave up along time ago...and now I just work out to escape the house!

MarsupialMama Says:
6 April 2011 20:54

@ Lynn.... I *heart* you!! Thank you, **scarfing down pizza and chips** now I don't feel so bad!!

@ Lizbeth, Thanks! And yeah, our little scavenger is always looking for some edible action.

Flannery Says:
6 April 2011 21:29

Tattoos+piercings=BFF!!

Loved the post, now you have some bling to add to your sidebar!!

Big Daddy Autism Says:
7 April 2011 14:08

Hey! I'm stylish! Hey! You think Lynn is stylish? Um, I'm confused.

I too may have a bit of ink on my gorgeous body and can't seem to shake that baby weoght.

MarsupialMama Says:
7 April 2011 20:55

@ Flannery, Yeah Baby!!! **high fives and fist bumps!**

@ Big Daddy, I think we should just stick to the slogan "it's not extra weight, it's the solar power to our sex machine!"

@ Lynn, YOU LIE!!! (Said with the greatest respect and affection), I've seen the pictures of you at The Happiest Place on Earth and you look awesome!! All dinky and petite.. **tsk, tsk**

Lynn Says:
9 April 2011 03:09

I would tell you my weight just to prove you wrong, but I know you don't understand pounds over there :)

Stimey Says:
10 April 2011 20:25

I think you didn't read all the way to the bottom of the posts giving you the award. Breaking the rules IS punishable by death. Sorry. They're not my rules.

LOVE the video. (nom nom ice cream nom nom ooooh vacuum!)

I was going to lie to you and tell you that I was going to get right on this, but seeing as how it takes me six months to return an email, it is extremely unlikely that I will remember to do this. Regardless, I am honored to be tagged. Thank you.

MarsupialMama Says:
17 April 2011 17:33

Ha!! Thank you!! Ant worry about not doing it, as I said, it's just us newbies that get overly excited about this kind of stuff!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Post a Comment

Comments are like frosted cupcakes: they fill me with Happy!

The Clod and the Pebble

"Love seeketh not itself to please,
Nor for itself hath any care,
But for another gives its ease,
And builds a heaven in hell's despair."

So sung a little Clod of Clay,
Trodden with the cattle's feet,
But a Pebble of the brook
Warbled out these metres meet:

"Love seeketh only Self to please,
To bind another to its delight,
Joys in another's loss of ease,
And builds a hell in heaven's despite."

William Blake
 
Real Time Analytics